Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Love You Forever





You know your son is growing up, when he decides he needs to correct authors. He is right, and the book is wrong!



Ethan no longer naps, but instead he gets quiet play time in his room. To time it, he has a Robert Munsch CD, and it plays while he plays. He listens to the stories, and when the CD ends, he knows he's free to leave his room if he wants.



One of the stories on the CD is I Love You Forever. There's a song in it, which Ethan has learnt and will often sing. I thought it would be nice to share the actual book with him, so when my parents returned from Canada, they brought the book back.



For those that are unfamiliar with this story, it's lovely. It's a story about a mother and she sings a song every night to her baby boy. As he gets older, and hits those terrible twos, and horrible teens, she sneaks in his room at night and sings. It continues until he's a grown man, and ends with him singing to his daughter.



Ethan loves reading the book. However...................... he takes GREAT offense that the mother sings "my baby you'll be" to the "big" boy! "Not baby mommy, BIG BOY!" he corrects me as we read.



Every once in awhile, Ethan will crawl on my lap, and ask me to sing him the 'I Love You' song. When I'm done, he'll ask "Now mommy, sing 'My big boy Ethan you'll be' "!







1 comment:

Selena said...

I had to give away that book, I balled too hard every time I read it to Owen, it's too sad for me....that video is the cutest thing I've ever seen, Ethan sure loves to sing, and he's great at it too! I'm totally stealing your idea for putting in a Robert Munsch book on cd for quiet time...quiet times aren't working in this house, they are too short! hehe So thanks for the great idea!!!!