Thursday, September 23, 2010

Writer's Workshop

10 Reasons why you love your job.

I have to say I have the best job. I really do! Don't believe me? Well here are  reasons why I do!

1. I'm a teacher! I get to work with wonderful children everyday. I get to see their minds work and the thrill on their faces when they've learnt something new.

2. My school/work day ends by 2pm, which means I get the afternoon free to either scrapbook, have coffee with mates, or try to convince Ethan to give up a playdate and spend time with me.

3. My Grade 3s are just finishing up a cool unit on Dolphins and Endangered Sea Animals. It's been a wonderful unit of inquiry.

4. I'm a teacher. I get the summer off!!!!!

5. I have a great team. The teachers in Grade 3 are all wonderful and helpful. We share ideas and help each other out. I dare say, it's the best team at IST.

6. I've met some wonderful people. The teachers here are great, and as worried as I was about the IST cliques, I have some great mates.

7. Ethan attends IST as well. We get to go to school together every day. Next year, I hope to see him at break times too.

8. Mid-term is coming up in 2 weeks. That means one week vacation!

9. I work with a bunch of caring individuals. We encourage community service through our students, and ourselves.

10. Three weeks vacation over Christmas.




Mama's Losin' It








5 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Yes, teaching definitely does have its perks. It's good you like it!

Stopping by from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

Tanya said...

My daughter is in third grade this year, it sounds like she would be lucky to have you as a teacher. Where is Dar? Would love to know.
Great post, visiting from Mama Kat's.

paulakiger said...

Tina, I love your job too!! I am glad that you enjoy it so much and find so much support in your colleagues. I was at my daughter's high school open house the other night and definitely got that "fatigued" vibe from one or two teachers. I felt sorry for them ... and the students being taught by them.

SarahMarie said...

Sounds like a wonderful job for you! Love you! :)

Jacquie said...

Vacation... I should become a teacher!