Monday, January 24, 2011

Book Challenge

I've decided to challenge myself this year. I've set out to read 100 books this year. I'm thinking I've aimed a little too high, but I'm up for the challenge. With my WS Book Club, that's 12 books taken care of, leaving me with 88 more to go. 

I'm trying to also challenge my students. I want them to start writing short reviews of their books. The plan is to get them to start writing summaries, and from there, move to reviews.

And since I want this from my students, it's only fair I do it myself.

So, the 1st book I read this year was for my book club. The 2nd was for me.

Lover Avenged by JR Ward

This is the 7th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. And I gobbled it up, just like the others. This book focuses on Rehvenge. He was never a favourite of mine, he is not one of the Brothers, but Ward makes him very likeable. It was great to learn more about him. 

I really liked that Ward brought Wrath back. With each book, she introduces a Brother, but then the past ones seem to fade. Wrath comes back, and we learn more about John, Blay and Quinn. 

The only thing that I'm more excited about, is the next one. John has always, secretly, been my favourite.


No comments: