Sunday, January 16, 2011

Muffin Tin Meal

It's the new year, and time to start the Muffin Tin Meals again. This week, Ethan taught me something about MTM.

We got back last Sunday, and Ethan was sick. He got a terrible cough. He was also jet-lagged. Then Wednesday was a public holiday, and Ethan slept in. He woke up, all confused. He also hadn't eaten a proper meals in days, and wasn't too keen on breakfast. I really wanted him to have some oatmeal, and offered to let him eat in front of the TV (I know, bad mommy moment). 

When I brought out the oatmeal, Ethan was upset. He thought he could have a picnic! Apparently, many months ago, Scott was travelling, and Ethan and I had a MTM, indoor picnic. I placed a blanket on the floor, and brought him a MTM. So that's what he wanted this day.

Back in the kitchen we went. I wasn't sure how a MTM would work with oatmeal, but Ethan helped me put something in each tin. 

We have apple juice, grapes, petit fromage, oatmeal and graham cookies.

I wasn't too sure about this, but Ethan ate it all!



Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth




6 comments:

Christy said...

Its funny what sticks in their minds. Hope he's well soon!

lisa9999 said...

Looks like a great breakfast. I hope he is better soon.

Ludicrous Mama said...

I love when the kiddos get involved! Even when it ruins the sanctity of my theme! And I love the weird little details that get stuck in their brains!

SnoopyGirl said...

Your meal looks great. I love it when the kids get involved and show us where we missed it. Too cute!

SarahMarie said...

Very cute! Love that he helped out!

Darlene said...

What a great idea! I wish I had thought about doing something like this when my kids were growing up.

I have been reading your blog for a few days now and enjoying it a lot. The name of your blog intrigued me a lot since my nickname is Dar. Imagine how surprised I was to hear that Dar was a place in Aftica!