Thursday, January 20, 2011

Writer's Workshop - Scott & Starbucks

1.) Something unique you love about your significant other.

I spend most of this blog talking about Ethan, or myself, or posting pictures galore. But I do have one amazing husband. He's the absolute opposite of me. Quiet, reserved, traditionalist. And while these qualities, and many others, are ones that I admire and love him for, they are not what makes him unique.

We all believe our significant other is unique. After all, that's what we love about them. But things like, athletics, sensitive, and sense of humour, does not make them unique. Unique is the one quality they possess that no others possess.

For Scott, I have to give him credit for tolerance. Seriously. No other man, or human, would put up with me!

Let's take a look at our trip home this Christmas, as an example. 

Over the holidays, I developed an insane obsession with Starbucks. Yes, Starbucks was on my list of places to go to. Yes, I like Starbucks. But something happend this trip. I grew obsessed!

We went Christmas shopping our 2nd day home. The mall had a Starbucks. I went. We then went across the street to Chapters, to get some books. Chapters has a Starbucks. I bought another latte. "Do you really need another latte?" No! I don't need another one. I want another one.

Our trip to Buffalo even included a stop at Starbucks. The Target we went to had a Starbucks within it. So of course, that meant latte time.

When we left Niagara Falls on New Years Day, I wanted Starbucks for the ride home. There was one 5 minutes away from the hotel. However, there was no place to park. Scott, willingly, drove another 15 minutes in the opposite direction just so I could have my morning Starbucks latte.

Now, if that's not love, I don't know what is!








3 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

It's definitely the little things that mean the world!

Stopped by from Mama Kat's

Carrie said...

You have a very considerate husband :)

Visiting from Mama Kats

SarahMarie said...

How sweet! Keith always indulges my obsession for McDonalds large cokes. :)