Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blood Destiny - Tessa Dawn

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Ok, so now that I've gotten that out of my system, let me tell you about the latest book I've read.

So Blood Destiny gives a new spin to the vampire tale. Here, twins Jadon and Jeagar go on a killing spree. They love to sacrifice women and children. The Celestial Gods punish them, and their children to a life of living in the dark and off the blood of others. Jadon begs for mercy, and is taken pity upon. His descendants are permitted to walk in the sun. There is then the blood curse, where the moon turns crimson red, and shows a sign of their destiny. They will have twins (males only), one light and one dark. The dark one must be sacrificed to grant them immortality. The descendants of Jeagar must sacrifice the first born twin.

That's the history.

Blood Destiny is the story of Nathanial, a descendant of Jadon, who has just lost his brother to the curse. Jocelyn works for the Homeland Security and is looking into some murders of missing woman. Turns out, she's Nathanial's destiny.

What I loved about the book was the vampire storyline. We've got the light vampires, and the dark ones. And just when you're sure they're going to kill each other, in comes the lycans! Jocelyn, however, took some time for me to warm up to. There were times I just wanted to shake her silly. Hmmm... deja vue, did I not just say that about another character recently? The other thing that bothers me.... I have to wait until the end of the year for the second book!!!!!!




No comments: