Saturday, April 16, 2011

Magic in the Wind - Christine Feehan

I found myself a non-vampire new series! This one's about the Drake sisters, who are not vampires, but witches! (Oh please, like you're at all surprised by that!)

Magic in the Wind was a very short book. Like 100 some odd pages. It introduces Sarah, the eldest of the Drake sisters, and Damon, a troubled soul who has moved to Sea Haven. There are 7 sisters. I love their relationship. They love each other, protect each other, and tease the heck out of each other.

There is a prophecy, in the Drake family, that the gates will bring the destiny of the eldest sister. The sisters enjoy their independence, so they padlock the gates. However, Damon find the gates wide open, as if inviting him in. Damon and Sarah compliment each other. And, I like how he's older, and tarnished. Not the perfect guy. A real guy.

What I loved about this book was the house. The house is a character. Oh yes it is! The house understands the sisters, protects the sisters, and invites Damon into their lives.

I really look forward to move of these intriguing sisters.


No comments: