Monday, April 18, 2011

The Mating - Nicky Charles

I had a wonderful weekend filled with books. This one caught me by surprise. One of my fellow BDB lovers introduced me to this one. And, surprise, surprise, it's not a vampire book! (It's a werewolf book)


Elise, daughter of her pack's Alpha, comes home one afternoon after a run with her boyfriend, and is introduced to Kane, and Alpha from a district pack. Within minutes, she is told she will be mated to Kane, that evening. Yes mated, not married, as wolves mate! ;)  The following day, she leaves behind her home, and enters as a new member of her mate's pack.

In her new pack, Elise struggles to find her place, where she belongs, what her role as the Alpha's mate entails. And then there are problems. Another female is after her mate. There's an oil company wanting their land. Traps are being set up around, and pack members are being injured.

Elise is not like other heroines we've come across. She's 19, and acts like a 19 year old. She has the emotions of a 19 year old, taken away from her family and friends, and put into a new situation. She is unsure, yet determined to succeed.

And there's a mystery. The whole time reading it, I knew who the villain was. Then, I wasn't really sure. And then, OMG! I was caught off guard! Don't you love it when that happens?


No comments: