Sunday, May 1, 2011

Farewell Tour - Addis in Dar

If you were to ask me what my favourite restaurant in Dar is, I'd have to say Addis in Dar.



I had never had Ethiopian food until some mates took us there, many years ago. Since then, it has been a favourite of ours. It is also a place you either really love, or are not a fan of. Ethiopian food is made up of Wat (stew), injera (flatbread), grains and berbere (combination of spices). Like Indian food, it's meant to be shared and eaten with your hands. 

What's really cool, is the tables. You sit low.



Saturday night, Scott and I headed there. This weekend is our last weekend together in Dar. Next weekend we're house hunting in Lusaka, the weekend after that Scott's in Mozambique for a board meeting, and the following weekend he's officially relocated to Lusaka. 

As usual, we pigged out!

Thank you Addis for all the wonderful meals and memories. Any chance you'll open an Addis in Lusaka?







No comments: