Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moon Called - Patricia Briggs

I'm not sure who turned me to this book. I think the hint of vampires was appealing. But it's mainly about werewolves.

Moon Called is the first in the Mercy Thompson series. Mercy is a coyote. Not a were, but a coyote. Oh, and a mechanic. She lives next door to an Alpha were, and fixes the van of a vampire. 

See the potential.

Sadly, I found this hard to get into. It was slow moving at first. I wasn't really sure what the plot was. Then there's this, seemingly, gorgeous Alpha that comes along. You get your hopes up that something exciting is about to happen. (They kiss. At the end of the book. One kiss. Maybe in the next one there'll be more)

There's a lot of mystery here. A new young were shows up. He's attacked. She comes to the rescue. The were pack is attacked. She helps out. A whole bunch of weres come to help. There's some vampires. And witches. But all very confusing. 

I do have the second book, but think I need to wait it out a bit. Hopefully when I return to Mercy, she'll be more interesting.


1 comment:

SarahMarie said...

A whole book and only one kiss??? Hmmm. Let me know how the second one is. :)