Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Twilight Before Christmas - Christine Feehan

I got the bestest box from Amazon last week. Sshh, don't tell Scott. My Amazon box had some new books that I wanted to start reading. I decided to dive in with some Drake Sisters.

The Twilight Before Christmas, is the story of Kate, an award winning novelist, and Matt Granite, a former army ranger who now works in his family's construction business.

Kate has returned to Sea Haven, has bought a run-down mill, and hopes to renovate it into a bookstore and cafe. Matt has always loved Kate, so this turns out to be the perfect opportunity to get close to her.

An earthquake rocks Sea Haven, cracking the foundation of Kate's mill, and reveals an old burial crypt, allowing for a century old evil to be released, just in time for Christmas.

The book begins with a new, dreary version of The Night Before Christmas. And each chapter begins with two lines of the poem. It reminded me of high school and being asked about foreshadowing.

So now that I've gotten to know the first 2 Drake sisters, it's time to get to know the others.



No comments: