Tuesday, June 7, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 14

When Scott and I arrived in Dar, my dad's sister had two little children.
My dad has a special bond with his niece, Imaan.
When she was a baby, my dad would introduce her as his grandchild. 
It really bothered me.
(He doesn't know this)
After Ethan was born, she became his niece.
(Thank you dad.)

Ethan adores Imaan. 
She's the big sister he will never have.

On Thursday, she had her completion ceremony.
She's in Grade 5.
Next school year, she will be attending Secondary School.
Secondary!
Who allowed her to grow up?
I still remember her as the 2 year old with curls.

I had the last 2 periods free on Thursday, 
and attended her ceremony.
She played the drums for the National Anthem.
I was proud.
I even got teary-eyed during the ceremony.

Happiness is attending my cousin's Completion Ceremony with my parents, and hers.






4 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like a wonderful event.

QueenScarlett said...

Love family time.

Would love it, if you're interested to join in on my Friday - A Family Lives Here posts. Here's what it's about. Here's are some current posts.
We post every Friday! Cheers!

Susan Anderson said...

What a neat photo, and it shows that all of you were having fun together.

=)

Faiza said...

love the sweetness in this post! hopefully we'll all get to hang out once you get here!