Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waking the Witch - Kelley Armstrong

Isn't this the coolest book cover? I kept seeing it in the bookshop and was drawn to the cover. Can't remember how many times I read the back, and yet each time I saw the book I couldn't remember what it was about.



Don't judge a book by it's cover. Why the heck not????

So it turns out this book is a part of the Woman of the Otherworld series. It's book 11. I've never read the series, and jumping into book 11 was a little scary.

If you've never read the series, but are drawn to the cover, there's no problem. Yes, the beginning is slightly confusing as I'm not exactly sure who everyone is. But you soon learn. There's a lot of background information I lacked on the characters, but I could still follow along.

Savannah is a ..no, not vampire.. witch! She works at a private investigation firm and her first solo case is to look into a series of murders which have a supernatural undertone to them. Soon, she finds herself being followed, people close to her are getting killed, and she's determined to find out what's going on.

The only issue is the book doesn't have a real ending. While the murders are solved, the story of Savannah isn't. Now it could be the way the series is written. All I know is if I want to find out what happens next, I need to find book 12.


No comments: