Friday, July 15, 2011

A Writer's Notebook - Ralph Fletcher

I picked up this book hoping to get some great ideas on getting the creative juices going for my students this coming school year. I got a couple. Not really what I was hoping to get.

A Writer's Notebook: Unlocking the Writer within You is written for kids. It's about keeping a writer's notebook (not journal) to record ideas and thoughts that will then help you when it comes to writing. I like the idea and hope to incorporate that with my students. I just know there will be the students who claim they have nothing to write and was hoping this book would give me some more suggestions on how to inspire them.

I also wanted more on the transition, from using those ideas to writing. But I suppose that's my job as a teacher! 




No comments: