Tuesday, September 20, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 29

I'm not one to talk about school curriculum.
I figure most teachers are either told what curriculum to use,
or use a few great ideas. 
While I love sharing ideas,
if you're given a curriculum, 
there's not much you can do about it.

I'm also not a big Maths person.
Maths was always my worse subject.
Since teaching,
I use the curriculum given to me.

The same goes for this year.
My school uses Bridges Mathematics.
And for the first time,
I'm excited about Maths.

Even Ethan enjoys it.

This week he's been given some homework.
Colour some shapes and sort them. 




Ethan sorted them by shape.
I was impressed with this, 
as usually kids his age see colour before shapes.
He's moved up a stage.

Ethan then proceeded to make a pattern.



It was very important for me to know this pattern was based on colour, not shape.


Happiness is enjoying Maths with your 5 year old.





No comments: