Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Five

It's Friday!!!!
Yipee!!!!
It's been a stressful week, 
but the weekend is looking good.
There's a craft show so I can start my Christmas shopping
and Sunday we're taking Ethan to see the secondary kids in
The Wiz!

1. Do you have a song that always puts you in a good mood?
So, I'm not really sure if there's a particular song that brightens my mood. However, I do seem to have a habit of singing in class, and it tends to cheer up the whole class. That is, of course, until they beg me to stop singing!!!

I can usually be found singing; 
I'd like to be
Under the sea,
In an octopus' garden
In the shade.

And you can always rely on my kids to sing along. 



2. Are you a real Christmas tree kind of person or do you go with a real fake one?
I do love the real trees.  However, I could never find them in Dar, and doubt I'll find one here. Instead, we have a cute little, and by little I mean little, tree we put up every year. We have been collecting ornaments every year, I almost wonder if they will all fit on our little tree this year!


3. What are you thankful for?
I've had a rough week.
The joys this week are;
My husband and Ethan - I'm so grateful to have you both.
My principal - I am thankful for your support.
Jodie - Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder this week.
Sarah - This week, your Viber texts brought a smile to my face.


4. Which fashion fab from the past do you wish you could wear today?
Could I simply ask to be as slim as I was in the past so I could wear those clothes?
I'm cold right now,
so thinking a pair of legwarmers would be fab!

5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank?
I wait.
Granted, currently I am car-less
as Scott has the car.
However, if I had a car. 
I'd wait.
And make Scott fill it.









4 comments:

Faiza said...

oh the christmas tree question reminded me of ethan and the elf!

Susan Anderson said...

I always enjoy hearing your answers to these questions. And I can't imagine being in a bad mood singing that particular Beatles song. In fact, I think you may have just converted me to using it regularly!

=)

Darlene said...

Singing helps, doesn't it? I used to have a very good singing voice, but since my vocal chords are partially paralized, I always sound like I have a cold, and my voice cracks when I try to sing anymore. Dick has a great voice though and he sings a lot which helps.

We always have a large fake Christmas tree. We put it up the day after Thanksgiving and often keep it up for a week or so into the new year.

It sounds as if Ethan is all well again. I am so glad as it is so hard on kids to get sick and it seems like they catch all that stuff from their school friends.

By the way, my oven is large, but it is still just a standard oven. I only have two racks, but they will go in five different places. It was sort of misleading now that I think about it.

Kim said...

I always love reading your answers to the questions and learning about you. :)