Tuesday, December 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 40

This Sunday was
Cookie Exchange in the Hood.
This is not to be confused with
Halloween in the Hood
or even 
Thanksgiving in the Hood.

Our lovely hostesses,
Jenn and Kate,
organised a cookie exchange party.

Check out the amount of cookies we had.

We also had gingerbread house decorating.

Kate was fabulous.
She had all the houses assembled,
and set up in an assembling line
with treats galore for decorating.


 Ethan had a blast decorating his house.




We were thinking of having a
gingerbread house competition,
but how does one choose the best of all these houses?








It wouldn't be an African Christmas
without a dip in the pool.


Our afternoon ended with the choosing
of delicious cookies
to bring home.



Happiness is starting the Christmas season with mates.





9 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like a fun party. The houses look awesome.

EMily said...

What fun! Those cookies look delicious!

SarahMarie said...

Sounds like a great start to the Christmas season! And love those gingerbread houses!

Nicole said...

How precious and FUN!

Jessica said...

Love the houses!!! Looks like so much fun!

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

Looks like the party was a success!! Love the little houses! How fun! and all those cookies?! oh my! My kind of party! :) Happy Tuesday!

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like fun, fun, fun!

=)

PS. We had our church's Christmas dinner last weekend, and for dessert they had everyone bring their best Christmas cookies. There were plates and plates and plates of the best cookies I have ever seen. I could hardly choose! It was heaven!!

Kim said...

I love the houses. And all of cookies are making my butt get bigger just by looking at them.

Darlene said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, especially Ethan. He is such an artistic little guy. He is going to make someone a very good husband when he grows up. The cookies all look perfectly yummy too. I haven't been to a cookie exchange in a very long time, but I can remember them, and they are such fun. Maybe next year I can organize one. This year has been too crazy busy for me. I'm going to have to tone it down a bit next year and just enjoy the Christmas season a bit more. I have been making too many things to send to my five children and their families.