Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Question Friday

Can you believe there's only two weeks of school left,
then we're on break?
Wow!!!
Since we went to Livingstone last week,
we didn't get our tree up.
But it's a small tree,
so it won't take any time to get all the decorations out.

I'm excited.
Are you?

Meanwhile, it's Friday. Which means...


1. What is your favourite Christmas decoration in your house?
There are a couple. 
I love the decorations Ethan has made over the years. 
While many have gotten torn, lost, or smudged in the flood
(different story)
I found these two still in tack.



But,
if I were to be utterly honest,
this is the one that I truly love.


My mother-in-law gave me this Santa years ago.
It has helped us celebrate Christmas in Canada, Korea, Tanzania,
and this year,
Zambia.

2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?
Well...
I'd like to say I'm early,
but truth be told,
I start early
and tend to finish on Christmas Eve.
However,
I'd like to stake claim on having a darn good excuse.
I start shopping online early,
by the time we get home,
hit the malls,
check everyone off our list
and ensure I got something
super-fab for Scott,
it's Christmas!


3. When do you turn on your heat?
This year,
the heat was turned on when we arrived in Lusaka
in July.
It was then turned off by September!



4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?
No, not really.
I have a journal for my venting,
or things I'd rather not share.
But generally,
I blog because I enjoy it.
I don't tend to worry about pissing off people.
Most people I would offend
know I have a dry sense of humour
and would let me know they didn't appreciate it.
Or else, they don't read my blog
and therefore do not know I made up a story about their snoring!


5. Do you put your deodorant on before or after you put on your shirt?
Before.
Yes, I am aware of the whole white stuff.
The deodorant is in the bathroom
and I change in the bedroom.
'Nuff said.

Have a lovely weekend.
Ethan and I will be baking cookies
and I'm going to try Swedish pancakes!








2 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I love Ethan's work. And the Santa is great!

Susan Anderson said...

I can see why you love that Santa.

I always like reading your answers to 5 Question Friday.

=)