Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Question Friday

Vacation has begun.
Let me hear a 
Whoot Wooo!
What on earth will Ethan and I do
for an entire month?
Well, 2 weeks in Cape Town
so just 2 weeks here to get busy.

And we start our vacation
with
Five Question Friday.
(I need flashing lights)




1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
This is a tough one.
Because you know I'll forget something,
and this'll be the time Scott reads my blog
and comments on how I didn't mention
such-and-such a gift.

A few years ago I got my beloved 
iphone.
Gotta think that was an awesome gift.

Last year my father-n-law
bought me a new camera.
That's pretty sweet.

Ethan got me laser eye surgery 
a few years back.
That was eye opening.
(teeheehee)

Yes,
I'm pretty spoilt.


2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
The year I was pregnant with Ethan,
I was a member of the
Dar es Salaam Hash House Harriers.
That Christmas,
at our Christmas Hash
I got a potty ring.
Yes, 
it was randomly chosen,
and yet so
appropriate.


3.  Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (coloured lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
I dunno.
Our tree is like 3 feet tall.
There are no lights.
But ornaments that we've collected through the years.
You tell me,
plain or wild?

Ethan did the decorating.
Hence the uneven ornaments and
tinsel.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
I iron
the Mary way.
:)


Yes I said that.
My dearest Mary does all our ironing.
She's the best.


5.  How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items?
Honestly,
it differs every year.
Ethan and I always make roll out cookies.
It's tradition.
Last year we also made
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
They were a hit.
We made them again this year.
This year,
I also made a chocolate pumpkin cheesecake.
I'll have to make it again when we go home next year.




Can you believe it'll be Christmas in a little over a week?
Which means 2012
is just around the corner.
Are you ready for the holiday?



No comments: