Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Touch of Frost - Jennifer Estep

I'm on vacation. 
And right now, 
I should be packing since we leave for Cape Town
in the morning,
but instead I've chosen to read.
Ah read.
How I've missed you these last few months.

Touch of Frost is book 1 of the Mythos Academy. Definitely a series I'm keen to read more about. Gwen Frost is a gypsy. She has the gift of psychometry, which means anything she touches, she gets a psychic impression from it. Shortly after her mother's death, Gwen's grandmother enrolls her in the Mythos Academy, a school for teens with special gifts. No the school doesn't have vampires, at least not so far. Instead the school is filled with mythology; Valkyrie, Amazons, Spartans, warriors. Gwen does not belong. She's a loner.

What's worse, she comes across the dead body of the most popular girl in school. But no one seems to care. Although Gwen was never friends with this girl, she is sure her powers can help her solve the mystery. And instead, she finds herself in the middle of a bigger mystery, in the middle of Chaos. Oh, and with a cute, hunky guy too.

This was an easy read. And an interesting one. I think I've found something to read on the plane to Cape Town. Definitely need to read the next instalment. 









1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I would like this one. A little psychic power is always good!

=)