Monday, January 9, 2012

Kiss of Frost - Jennifer Estep


It's a new year.
Time to start a new reading challenge.
I enjoyed writing about the books I read last year,
so thought I'd continue it again this year.

I started my year off with book 2 of
Mythos Academy.

Kiss of Frost throws us back to Mythos Academy
where Gwen continues to be a terrible warrior.
She trains every morning with Logan Quinn,
the boy who broke her heart. 
She hasn't made any progress as 
Nike's champion,
but has stayed alive, 
so that's good, right!

Gwen learns more about her magic here. She can tune into the memories of others and use their strength as hers. 
There's also the Winter Carnival.
Gwen, still pining over Logan
meets Preston, 
and hopes he's the one to help her forget Logan.
But there are Reapers after her.
They want her gone.
So of course,
this isn't the easiest way to hook up with a guy.
Plus Logan gets jealous.
(YES!)

I'm really enjoying this series. 
Gwen isn't a hero that's waiting for a guy to save her.
Despite the fact that Logan comes to her rescue often.
She's determined to face her fears,
and do things on her own.

Can't wait for the next one.




1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

You and my daughter love the same genre. I always tell her about your recommendations.

=)