Thursday, February 9, 2012

Time Management

How do you mommies do it?
Seriously.
How?
I have so much respect for you, and now need your wisdom.
How are you able to work full time,
come home, 
cook dinner, 
clean the house 
and spend time with your little ones?

I have the amazing Mary,
and feel like Ethan's being short changed.

I know Ethan has motor issues.
And he doesn't really have any core muscles.
If there was an OT here, 
I'd take him.
I found a PT, that we'll see next week.
But in the meantime,
I need to do more with him.
I have a list of the great OT exercises he should do,
and even have a yoga ball.
But how do I fit it all in?

This week, Ethan's been waiting for me afterschool.
We get home around 4-ish. 
We read, we write in his journal,
we goof off.
Then there's bath, dinner and bed time.
Do I take away just plain fun
to work on his strength?

And I have Mary!
I don't need to cook or clean.
And yet I can't fit in all in.
So how do you do it?
Seriously.
I'm feeling like such a bad mommy.
Help.





4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

All you can do is all you can do, Tima.

Just prioritize, do the best you can, and then let it go.

Hey, you're only human!

=)

Kim said...

Make the fun part of his therapy. There are fun ways to do some stuff. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

Darlene said...

I guess it's a good thing that you at least have weekends. Maybe some therapy is better than none and maybe, just maybe you could work in ten or fifteen minutes right after you get home from school. Even five minutes is better than nothing if you can get right into it. All any of us can do is our best.

Like Sue says, "You're only human."

SarahMarie said...

You can do it, friend. I don't do it all - Keith tends to be my Mary when it comes to cooking... ;) Try to fit in at least one OT thing during play time. That's what I try to do with Colin.