Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Legend - Marie Lu

I guess I'm on the dystopia band-wagon.
Because here's another one,
I loved.

Legend has a great storyline
and kick ass characters.

June is born into a wealthy Republic family.
She's a child prodigy,
being the only person known to have
scored a perfect score on her Trials.
Her parents died in an accident years ago.
She's being raised by her brother.
Who is killed by Day.
June vows revenge.

Day was born in the slums.
He failed his Trials.
And he is the country's most wanted criminal.

June and Day come from 2 different worlds,
and yet
"sometimes it feels like we're the same person".


Legend is told in the 1st person.
Each chapter alternated between June and Day.
Since it's in the 1st person,
you can hear their distinct voices.
What's even better,
is each character has their own font!
I read this on my Kindle,
but read that in the book, 
they get their own font
and colour!
How cool is that?


2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Interesting idea to give each character his or her own font. Kinda cool!

=)

Darlene said...

I must admit that I am not terribly fond of mysteries either. My oldest daughter, Nancy, LOVES them. I'll have to tell her about this one. It sounds like it would be something she would love.