Monday, May 14, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker - E.L. James

Yes I went ahead and read
Fifty Shades Darker.

No, it is not a literary masterpiece.
But it is mindless entertainment.
And, we all need 
mindless entertainment at some point in our lives.

Fifty Shades Darker takes place 
five days after the ending of it's first book. 
Ana has left Christain
and they are both miserable.
So what do they do?
They get back together.
And proceed to spend the rest of the book
fighting and well....
making up,
to put it mildly.

But despite it all,
I'm intrigued by their....
....
odd relationship.
And it is an easy read,
so you know I'll finish the trilogy.





2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I hadn't heard of this one before. It doesn't sound like my type, but I'm glad you're enjoying it!

=)

Darlene said...

It would be interesting to know how many books you read a week. I just found out on my Kindle that Sue has 267 books in the archives that I didn't even know about. I have already read about 175. She sends them to me about ten at a time. That usually lasts me for a couple of weeks. But now, I am almost overwhelmed at all the books she has bought. I'll never catch up with her. Plus I have a friend that gives me a big bad full every month or so. She gets them at garage sales. I have discovered that it is far easier for me to hold my Kindle than it is to hold a regular book, even if it is in paperback. I have to admit that I give some of them away without even reading them. And to think I was upset when she gave it to me because I thought I wouldn't like reading books that way.