Saturday, May 5, 2012

Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris

Tuesday May 1st
couldn't have come any sooner.
It was a day I had been waiting for.
It was the day that the newest
Sookie Stackhouse book would be out.
I waited forever
for Deadlocked.

Sookie is like a dear friend.
I hadn't seen her since last year.
I was looking forward to catching up,
but dang Sookie,
you're not the same!

I'm not sure what it was,
but I wasn't as excited reading about Sookie
as I have been in the past.

Sookie's been through a lot.
I get that.
In Deadlocked
she's convinced everyone's conspiring against her.
Ok, maybe not everyone,
but she starts to distrust a lot of people.

Felipe de Castro, Vampire King of Louisiana
has arrived. 
During his visit with Eric,
a half were woman is found dead.
And yes,
Sookie was right,
it was a conspiracy,
but it wasn't as interesting as her past mysteries.

Although,
I do have to admit
the ending grabbed me.
What will happen with Sookie and Eric?
Is our favourite Viking vampire gone?
Will there be a new beginning for
Sookie and Sam?
Will book 13 grab my attention once again?
Only time will tell.




No comments: