Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole

During our flight from London to Toronto,
my darling son decided,
once again, 
not to nap.
So of course,
I found myself another fabulous book to read!

My mate, Sarah,
read one of the books in the series
and highly recommended it. 
Being the purist that I am
I had to go for the fist novel in the series.
And let me tell you,
this is a series I cannot wait to sink my teeth into.

When Lachlain, a werewolf,
 scents his mate
while hidden below the streets of Paris,
he does what he was unable to do for 150 years,
and breaks the chains that have held him prisonner
and escapes.

Emmaline, 
half vampire and half Valkyrie,
has lived a sheltered life
with her adoptive Aunts.

Lachlain is disgusted to learn
the woman he's been waiting for is a vampire,
the hated enemy of his clan.
Yet he takes her hostage
figuring he'll decide what to do later.

Emma, meanwhile
is terrified.
Having never fed from an actual source
and being a young vampire,
only 70 years old,
she does not know what is going on.

I love how this was written.
It was great to see
Emma's growth.
She gains not only physical strenght,
but she is no longer timid and scared.
And she even tames 
Lachlain's beast!

Can you tell I'm all giddy?







1 comment:

Unknown said...

the site could be a very extensible and highly configurable multi-directory element. this is an wonderful directory from where you can get all the links no matter you wish.
Excellent Directory