Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Somewhere Over the Freaking Rainbow - L.L. Muir

This was one of those free Kindles
I found.
The thing with collecting free books
on the Kindle,
is once you decide to read it,
you have no idea what it's about,
or why you chose it in the first page.

After reading the first few chapters,
I almost gave up.
I had no idea what was going on,
wasn't sure I liked the female character
and didn't know if I wanted to continue reading it.

But not only did I continue reading it,
I finished it
and even cried.

Jamison has moved back to his grandfather's farm.
He has a huge crush on the neighbour.
But she's a part of some weird Amish-type cult.

Skye is a Somerled.
And for most part of the book,
you have no idea if they are evil,
aliens,
witches,
or angels.

Jamison falls for Skye.
She's not meant to have emotions,
but she feels something for him.
But will he accept her for who/what she is?
Will she accept this feelings she has?

It was quite cute
once you learnt who everyone is.
However,
I didn't like the non-explanation
explanation
surrounding Jamison's two mates.
I also didn't like the ending.
It didn't have one.
Apparently there's a second book.
I'm all for series,
you know I am,
but after crying
I want a resolution,
and not be told to find the next book
in hopes that maybe,
just maybe,
I'll get my happy ending.



2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Gotta love the title!

=)

Darlene said...

I don't think I would like that book, like you, I want some sort of resolution. I am curious as to whether you will read the rest of the series. I'm not sure I would, but if you do, it would be interesting if you would let us know.