Monday, July 23, 2012

The End of an Era

When my parents immigrated to Canada
they moved to Toronto and bought a condo.
At the time, 5 Parkway Forest Drive
was considered high end.



Almost every member of my
extended family has a memory
of Parkway Forest.

I was born there.
1617 was my home,
even when I no longer lived there.


When my dad's siblings moved to Canada,
each one spent some time in 1617.
One uncle even lived in 1614 for some time.
Another uncle lived in 807 for many years.

When I was an infant
my dad would bundle me up
in the winter,
put me in the stroller
and put me on the balcony.
I needed fresh air,
and there was a view
(and no smog).

The wire was not there back then.
My parents have sold 1617.
In August they will move into a new flat.
This is the end of Parkway Forest.
It is the end of an era.





No comments: