Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

I love Halloween.
It's my favourite holiday.
Halloween in Zambia is in the summer,
not fall. 
And there are not a lot of decorations.
So we try to make the best 
with what we have.

And while I love Halloween,
I'm not a fan of pumpkin carving.
It's messy
and I'm not good at it.
But I feel bad,
because I'm sure Ethan would love it. 

But that's where
Tyler and Afrikolor
come into play.

Afrikolor is a lovely pottery/textile shop.
Tyler offered pumpkin carving this weekend.
And it's not your traditional 
pumpkin carving.

Tyler shows Ethan what to do.


Ethan draws the face.


Yes, he's trying to make fangs.

Time to start carving.





They should be ready in time to bring home for 
Halloween.


Don't you just love Ethan's Vampire Pumpkin?




1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

How interesting that Halloween is in the summer in Zambia. I wonder why?

=)