Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WBC - Favourite Book

December 4th - Talk about your favourite book. Why is it your favourite?

This is a hard one.
Do I have to choose just one?
I think I'm going to cheat
and have two books.
A children's book
and an adult one.

Now,
 many of you
are probably ready to stop reading
because you don't want to hear
about my vampire books.
So I'm going to let you know 
right now, 
this is not a vampire one.
Mainly because I'm not sure
I could narrow it down to just one.
(John Mathew)

Growing up,
I loved Anne of Green Gables.
I think Gilbert Blythe
was probably my first crush.
My bucket list
has going to PEI.
I love Anne's rebelliousness.
She has spunk.
She has attitude.
No one will step in her way.
Everyone should read this one.

Now, if you haven't read this next one,
you've probably seen the movie.
And if you haven't done either,
you're about to roll your eyes at me.
The Notebook
by Nicholas Sparks.

My mate introduced me
to Nicholas Sparks books
many years ago,
when The Notebook
first came out. 
I fell in love with the book.
It's one I read almost every year.
It doesn't hold the same magic
that it once did,
but I still love it.
And well,
Ryan Gossling
as Noah,
well,
what's not to love about that?







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have not read either one of those lol I'll have to add them to my "check them out" pile =]