Thursday, December 27, 2012

Writer's Workshop - Green and Red

Share a holiday inspired recipe.

I'm slightly cheating.
I'm not sure if this counts as a
holiday inspired recipe.
But we had a Christmas luncheon
today,
and we were asked to bring a green salad.
I thought that was fairly ordinary
and wanted to be a little creative.
So I made a baby spinach and strawberry salad.
Figured the green and red
made it festive.
I stole the recipe from
Ms Paula Dean.
You can find it here.
I didn't have enough strawberries,
so I threw in some blueberries.
And also added some feta.
Oh, and didn't have any cucumbers.
Otherwise,
it's the same recipe.



Scott couldn't understand
why I wouldn't do a simple
green salad.
But once he ate this,
he even had to admit
that I made a right choice!






4 comments:

Allison said...

That looks tasty and festive!

Allison said...

That looks tasty and festive!

Alisha said...

That looks very tasty....perfect colors too!!

Visiting from Mama Kats.

Cheers!

Darlene said...

Oh yum, that salad looks delicious!!