Monday, April 1, 2013

Romeo and Juliet - H.T. Night

I am not a fan
of Shakespear's 
Romeo and Juliet.
I mean really,
they are like 12!
Romeo goes to a party
because he's in love with Rosaline.
He then sees Juliet
and decides he loves her.
Within two days,
there are many dead people
including these two.
Romeo is a sweet talking
idiot.
And don't even get me started on Juliet.

But then I saw this.
Romeo and Juliet:
A Vampire and Werewolf Love Story.
You know I had to read this one.

Well... maybe it would have been better
had I not.

First off,
we're in the year 2099.
New York City is now called
Verona.
The Capulets are rich vampires.
The Montague's are werewolves.

The dialogue is forced,
rather fake.
There's the fight.
The deaths of Tybalt and Mercurtio.

There's even the whole
"Romeo, Romeo,
where are you Romeo?"
balcony scene.

It was the exact same story,
and I mean exact same,
just with werewolves and vampires.

So glad it was free.





No comments: