Monday, June 17, 2013

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

Oh my..
Where do I begin?

I cannot decide
if I really liked this book
or really hates it.
Perhaps I loved
how much I didn't like it.

Does that make sense?

Gone Girl
is the story of Amy and Nick.
On their 5th anniversary,
Amy disappears.
The first third of the book
bounces back and forth
between Nick's views on the disappearance
and Amy's diary.
Nick is suspected of killing Amy.

Then we get to part two
where we learn that
Amy is in fact,
alive
and has framed Nick
for her murder.
She's a psychopath!

Part three:
Amy doesn't like her situation.
Nick has "convinced" her 
he loves her,
so she comes back.
With a story of being kidnapped.
And now,
the two of them 
are living
miserably-ever-after.

Here's my thing,
the story itself was great.
But I like great characters.
And I didn't like either character.
Not even the
I-love-to-hate-them
feeling.

Which makes this one
a tough one to gage.


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I think your synopsis just talked me out of it.

;)