Thursday, July 18, 2013

Connected from the Start - Kathy Cassidy

I have a class blog.
One of the teachers I worked with in Dar
got me hooked on classroom blogging.
I love it.
This year,
I really got into it.
But I wanted ways to get my students more involved.
I wanted them to feel ownership.
I wanted it to be their blog.

Our school makes student portfolios.
I'm also keen to make digital portfolios 
for my students.
But am unsure how to get started.

Then I read this book.
Not only do I have more blogging ideas,
I have ideas of different ways to connect
my students to the world.
To use the world to foster
their learning.

Cassidy is a teacher, herself.
She shows ways she uses the internet,
videos,
Skype,
Twitter
and blogging
to facilitate her students learning.

I'm actually excited about the new school year. 


No comments: