Monday, September 9, 2013

Inner Critic

I saw this advert
a week or two ago.
It's South African,
so I'm unsure if there's an American version. 



Is it not utterly relateable?
I can quickly think of a list
of things I despise
about my looks and body.
I'm always trying to improve.

Improve?
Really?
I need to improve?

I joined the
challenge. 
Part of the challenge is to take a picture
of yourself on Day 1
and again on Day 30. 
I deleted both pictures.
I've moved to the 
intermediate level.
Again, 
the idea is to take a picture of yourself.
I had to delete it immediately.

And as it's the middle of the night,
I am unable to take a picture
now,
but I've decided to take Dove's
advice.

I'm going to stop focusing 
on my yucks
and start concentrating on my wows!

Because, I do have some.
I've got lovely eyes,
and even though my husband would prefer I cut my hair
I love how my hair is growing long.
Every once in awhile,
I get a mani/pedi
and I have the cutest nails and toes
EVA!

And while it took me some time
to think of those,
I was able to come up with something.

Come back and see me in a month,
I'll have more positives,
and possibly even a picture.

Don't let your inner critic control you. 
What beauty do you see in yourself?



No comments: