Monday, October 14, 2013

Just One Year - Gayle Forman

I absolutely fell in love with 
Just One Day.
I didn't plan to like it.
I was intent on not liking it.
But I couldn't help myself.

So, with the sequel,
Just One Year
I was a little nervous.

I'm not sure what I expected.
Just One Day ended
with Allyson showing up on
Willem's doorstep.
I think I expected it to start from there.
But it doesn't.
It begins at the end
of the the day.

Just One Year 
begins with Willem 
waking up in a Parisian hospital.
This is where and when
Allyson believed he left her.
Willem never believed in love.
He didn't believe in family.
He was a traveller.

We see how his meeting Allyson
affected him.
While it seems she broke his heart,
Willem's quest to find her
helps him find what he has lost.
Perhaps she healed his heart.

I may have been over emotional 
when reading  devouring this.
My heart broke
every time Willem thought he found her
only to realise he was nowhere close
to finding her.
It was so innocent
and yet so touching.
I loved it!!!

No comments: