Monday, April 21, 2014

The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty

Over New Years,
two mates told me I
must read
The Husband's Secret.
All they would tell me,
or rather ask me,
was if I found a letter
Scott had written me,
but it says to be opened at his death,
would I wait?
Could I wait?

Could you?

Meet Cecilia.
One day, 
she's up in the attic
looking for something for her daughter,
she finds this letter.
What should she do?

We then meet Tess.
Her husband and her cousin/best friend
announce they are in love.
Her mother has recently broken her foot,
so she takes her 6 year old son
and moves to her mother's
to help out, 
and think things through.

Finally,
meet Rachel.
Almost two decades ago,
her daughter was murdered.
The murderer was never found.
And as much as she loves her son
and grandson,
there's a piece of herself missing.

While it seems these women have nothing in common,
their lives interwine
with each other.
And while the secret
is not as shocking as you'd think
(you kind of begin to suspect it)
I loved these characters.
I felt their pain
 and happiness.

Have you decided?
Are you like Pandora?
Do you need to know what's in the box?
Or can you let it be?

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I've read and enjoyed that one.

=)