Sunday, April 6, 2014

The King - JR Ward

It's here.
It's here.
It's here.

Yes, 
The King 
is a book I have been waiting months for.
And I was so happy to get it.
The disappointing part,
was having to work, 
and not spend the day it came out,
sitting in bed,
reading.

For anyone who is not familiar with
The Black Dagger Brotherhood,
where have you been???

So The King
is mainly about,
well...
The King, 
Wrath!
His shellan, Beth
wants a child.
The glymera wants him dethroned.
What's a guy to do?

We learn a lot about his parents
which was great.
I loved learning about them.

And along with the Wrath story
there are some sub-stories.
(Often these seem to get in the way of Wrath's story.)

Assail and Marisol's story was great.
 I want more
(hint hint WARDen).
Xcor and Layla
is one I'm undecided about.
Most people love to hate him.
I'm not sure if I'm still loving the hate,
but I'm not loving the love.

John Matthew,
my favourite Brother,
had a few more seizures.
I soooo want to know the cause.
Why do these happen mostly around Beth?
Is there a Darius connection?

iAm, Trez and Selena 
was a great sub-plot.
I'm utterly chuffed to learn
that the next Brotherhood book
will be about them.

Let the countdown begin.

No comments: