Thursday, July 24, 2014

Writer's Workshop - Say What?

Kids Say the Darndest Things......

When Ethan was little
(not that he's all that big now)
he'd say the cutest things.
 I would write them down,
so to never forget.
But as he's gotten older,
I haven't really,
and yet he still says the 
darndest things!

Some examples:

1) On the way home one afternoon;
Me - Ethan, I need to stop at the drug store.
Ethan - Mama! Drugs! Really???
Me - Ethan, I need to stop at the pharmacy on the way home.

2) Ethan lost a tooth the other day;
Me - Do you think the Tooth Fairy knows where to find you?
Ethan - Of course, since she's a parent!
Me - Apparent?
Ethan - No! A Parent! Like a mom or dad!

3) Discussing our peanut-free lunches for camp;
Me - So how about tomorrow I send you with 
a cucumber sandwich, yogurt and a granola bar?
Ethan - Yogurt on my sandwich? Really?
Me - So how about tomorrow I send you with
a cucumber sandwich comma yogurt comma
and a granola bar!

I love how his mind is as warped
and twisted
as mine!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always think it's funny to see how our own personalities and sense of humor show up in our kids.
The cucumber sandwich one is great - proof that proper comma placement is important!
Have a great day!