Friday, February 6, 2015

Prince Lestat - Anne Rice

I would have to say,
that Anne Rice is the one
that got me hooked onto vampires.
Lestat was my first vampire love.
I devoured the first 4 books
of the Vampire Chronicles. 
I couldn't get enough.

And for this reason,
I eagerly awaited the release
of Prince Lestat

However, 
I haven't read her books
in a long time. 
Maybe I forgot what they were like. 
Maybe I had high expectations. 
But whatever it is,
I found Prince Lestat 
a hard read. 

We meet Lestat
and learn what he's been up to
since we last saw him in Memnoch. 
We also learn what Marius,
Armand, Louis, Pandora
and other beloved vampires 
have been up to. 

Once we're all caught up
we begin to learn of a mysterious
Voice.
We now revisit all our vampire friends,
old and new,
and learn what they think of this Voice.

It's a good story.
I guess I was just hoping 
for a great story.

No comments: