Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Writer's Workshop - Mom Poem

Write a poem for you Mother.

My mom was there
when I learnt to walk,
when I learnt to talk
and when I learnt to yell.

My mom was there
to buy me clothes,
paint my toes
and brush my hair.

My mom was there
to introduce me
to the joys of tea,
soap operas
and Indian movies.

My mom was there
when I was good,
when I was bad
and when I was mad.

My mom taught me
about makeup, 
waxing
and how to collect bags and
shoes.

My mom is wise
caring,
and brave.

I never gave her much credit
growing up.
After all,
I was Daddy's Girl.

My mom has a heart of gold
that holds more love
than you will ever know.

So dearest mom,
I just wanted to say
I love you
and
Happy Mother's Day.







5 comments:

Missy said...

That was very sweet.

Kathy said...

That's so very nice. I'm glad that you have such a great mom :)

Emily said...

That's a nice poem. My mother and I no longer speak so count your blessings!

Susan Anderson said...

I bet she loved this!

=)

KatBouska said...

Everyone deserves a mom like yours. :)