Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Law of Moses - Amy Harmon

A friend of started a FB group,
where we recommend books,
share ones we loved,
basically get excited about books.
A bunch of them were chatting about
The Law of Moses
and how they thought it was the best book
they'd read in June.
Of course,
that meant I needed to read it.
And I have to admit,
I loved it!

The Law of Moses
tells the story of Moses,
a crack baby left in a basket in a laundromat.
His mother was killed
and with his "special needs" 
he's been shoveled back and forth
between family members.

He is an artist,
who feels the need to paint
the images that run through his mind.
Not only does his art control him,
but it also scares everyone around him.
It's viewed as a curse.

Georgia is a neighbourhood girl.
She sees beauty in Moses and his art.
But their relationship
isn't a normal one.
And Moses has rules.
Laws.
And not falling in love is one of them.

My absolute favourite part of the book, 
was Georgia telling Moses to think of his 5 greats.
I love the 5 greats.
I need to start focusing more on my five greats.
Stay tuned...








No comments: