Sunday, September 13, 2015

International Chocolate Day


Did you know that September 13th is International Chocolate Day? Not many people know it. But our dear friend, Katy, from Salt, well, she knows. And she loves this day. Her restaurant celebrates Chocolate Day in style!

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
- Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

Salt in probably our favourite restaurant. And Sunday breakfast is the best. But when you add Chocolate Day + breakfast + Salt you get OMG delicious!!

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment.
- Catherine Aitken

Check out some of her chocolaty goodies she offered.



I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.
- Author Unknown

Ethan enjoyed his breakfast of a gooey chocolate brownie. And it had huge chocolate chunks. Heavenly!



Chocolate is a vegetable. 
Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans.
Beans = vegetable.

I opted for a tart. A salted chocolate tart. I mean really, how can you resist? 


I never met a chocolate I didn't like.
- Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation

Now, with all these chocolaty options, how can one choose? So we didn't. Ethan opted for dessert. Check out these cookies. Aren't they divine?


Nine out of ten people like chocolate.
The tenth person always lies.
- John Q. Tullius

Now that Ethan and I have gorged ourselves on a wonderful chocolate filled breakfast, we would like to wish you all a Happy International Chocolate Day!!!








No comments: