Friday, November 27, 2015

Writer's Workshop - So Very Thankful

It has been too long since I last participated in one of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshops. So to celebrate my return, I've chosen her So Very Thankful Tag!


1. Name a color you are thankful for.
Black. Ok, ok, it seems obvious, but it's true. Imagine life without black. 
* There would be no night. That beautiful black sky that enhances the sparkle of the stars. 
* The little black dress. Nope, would not exist.
* Bright pink gets toned down when mixed with a little black. 
Black is awesome!

2. Something your spouse does that you are thankful for.
He puts up with me. No seriously. I joined the Panto this year. Which means I've been at rehearsals almost every single night. I've hardly seen him in the last few weeks. And he's rarely complained.

3. Something your kids do that you are thankful for.
He makes me laugh. Ethan has a great sense of humour. You have to admire that in a kid. I'm thankful for a son who laughs. I’m thankful for a son who loves to get goofy.


4. A food you are thankful for.
Chocolate.
Granted, I had to think about this. There are so many choices. Pizza, coffee, ice cream. But then I realized chocolate is the key. Chocolate comes in so many shapes and forms. You can have chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate milkshakes, a mocha coffee has chocolate. You can’t go wrong with chocolate!

5. What recent good news are you thankful for?
Good news…. We’re off to Rome for Christmas!!!!

6. Name a drink you are thankful for.
Hmmm….. another tough one. Those who know me well, know it’s a toss up between coffee and wine. But, I think I’ll surprise everyone and say water! Cos you need water to make coffee, and ….hmmm…. do you need it to make wine?

7. Name a restaurant you are thankful for.
Salt. Hands down. Katy serves the best breakfast in town. She makes a mean cocktail. Ethan loves going there for milkshakes. And it's a great place to go for coffee. 

8. Talk about an animal you are thankful for.
We do have a fabulous dog, Butch. So it wouldn’t be right not to be thankful for him.

9. Name a beauty product you are thankful for.
MAC. I love their eyeliners and lipstick. Never leave the house without it on, so what would I do without it?

10. Name a cleaning product you are thankful for.
An actual product or type? Laundy soap is high on the list. Need clean clothes, right?

11. What social media platform are you thankful for?
Is it a cop-out to say Facebook? I like that it’s a one-stop shop. I can see what my friends and family around the world are up to. I’ve joined groups based on blogs, interests, teaching. I find great articles on exercise, nutrition, parenting, teaching. I know people are getting frustrated, and need a Facebook break, but I’m still enjoying it.

12. Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you.
Last text I got was from my brother. And while we were not close growing up, he’s become this incredible husband and father. I admire him. I look up to him. He amazes me every single day.

13. Name a candy you are thankful for.
Chocolate covered almonds. Chocolate and almonds. What more could you want!!!

14. Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for.
Whatsapp. I get to text people all over the world. I have a family group, where we text all kinds of things to each other. I have a ladies’ night group, where we make plans each month. I even have a wine group, where I just text out and my mates are there waiting with a glass. (ok, they don’t really wait for the text, but you get the idea).

15. What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for?
I’m looking forward to another exciting year with my fabulous family!!!




1 comment:

KatBouska said...

ROME!?! So not fair. I want to go!!