Thursday, December 3, 2015

Writer's Workshop - Roman Bucket List

Create a December Bucket List

Can you believe it's already December? Where has the year gone? This month is full of exciting things. Christmas break, Christmas in Rome, end of semester projects. Best of all, we're heading to Rome for Christmas, so of course I need to create a Roman Bucket List!


1. Take a tour of the Vatican



2. Climb the Spanish Steps


3. Christmas market
I'm told there are many great markets to visit! All the sites I've seen say the one at Piazza Navona is a must! 

4. Christmas Day Walking Tour
Seeing how it's just the three of us in Rome, and we don't know anyone, we've booked ourselves a Christmas Day Walking Tour 

5. Ice Skating at Sant'Angel
Doesn't this look wonderful?
6.  Santa Maria Maggiore Christmas Crib
Apparently there are many nativity scenes to be seen. But this one is carved in marble. Gotta see it in person!



7. Menorah in Piazza Barberini
There's apparently a large Jewish community in Rome. I did not know that. And I need to see for myself how large this truly is!

8. Check out the Colosseum
I mean, can you really go to Rome and miss this?

9. Gelato
When in Rome, eat gelato! 

10. Dinner with this fabulous lady
And her family!!!

Courtney and her family will be in Rome on the 26th. So the Nisbets' and Williams' are getting together for dinner!!! Am soooo looking forward to seeing this lovely lady again. 












4 comments:

Unknown said...

We went to Rome over half term a few years ago and it is, still to this day, my absolute favorite holiday we've EVER taken. I just loved it, I cried almost every day, I was so overwhelmed with how amazing it was! I can't imagine how even more gorgeous it will be over Christmas- I'm TOTALLY jealous and happy for you to get to go!!

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

John Holton said...

My brother spent a semester at Loyola University Chicago's Rome Center. It was an incredible experience for him. My traveling days are over, but that's one place I'd've liked to go. I'd probably get lost among all the artwork at St. Peter's.

Visiting from Mama Kat's...

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. It sounds like a fabulous trip and I hope you have a very merry Christmas trip!

KatBouska said...

Lucky! This is going to be a Christmas to remember for sure!!